A group picture was taken following worship at Calvary Swede Home on October 27, 2013, to mark the “Before” of the renovation and updating of our 100 year old building. Click on the Activities page to see the weekly updates.
- Worship time: 10:30 Sunday morning all year
- Sunday School: 9:15 a.m. Sunday morning, September to May
- Adult Forum: 9:30 a.m. Sunday morning, September to May
- Coffee on the lawn following worship June, July and August
- Coffee in the church basement following worship the rest of the year or during inclement weather
- Calvary Lutheran Church
- 950 129th Road
- Stromsburg, Nebraska 68666
- Church 402-764-5981
- Pastor: Rev. Rebecca Sheridan
- Organist: Diana Johnson
- Council President: Elaine Westring
- Sunday School: Tina Watts
- Property Chair: Carole Dickson
- Records: Kay Jones
- Women of the ELCA Coordinator: Marj Johnson
- Men’s Bible Study Coordinator: Wayne Johnson
- Who we are: Calvary is a community of Christians who come together to worship, learn, and share our blessings with our neighbors and with all of God’s children. We are farmers, teachers, nurses, students, librarians, managers, and retirees. We are parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends and neighbors. We honor tradition but welcome new opportunities to serve.
How to find us: Calvary is in a hamlet in the center of rural Polk county west of Osceola one mile south and one half mile west of the intersection of highways 92 and 39 or three miles north of Stromsburg on highway 81 and 3 1/2 miles west on county road 129.
How we began: A group of Swedish immigrants formed the community they named Swede Home centered around worship and education. From its beginning, Calvary in Swede Home has been strong in its faith and strong in its mission. Centered in the gospel, our focus continues outward to the larger community.